UK: Lucozade summer push gains speed
Lucozade has given further details about its summer advertising push.
The GlaxoSmithKline-owned brand is at the centre of a GBP5.2m (US$9.9m) promotional campaign running in the UK between July and September.
The campaign will be evident in-store via a price promotion and through new POS material, the company said yesterday (14 August).
Above-the-line activity will include building and scaffolding wraps coupled with six-sheet posters positioned outside convenience and Tesco stores across the country. The push will carry the strapline 'Energising Britain'.
"The Lucozade Energy 'Energise Britain' campaign is going to be huge," said Lucy Colman, brand manager for Lucozade Energy at GlaxoSmithKline. "Earlier this year, we launched a new apple flavour. In July, we took over garage forecourts across the UK thanks to our travel campaign. Now, we intend to take the brand message to the workers of Britain."
Complementing the advertising and in-store elements of the campaign, a fleet of Lucozade Energy 'Energiser' vehicles will visit 68 towns and cities across the country throughout September.
In July, GlaxoSmithKline began targeting garage forecourts and motorway service stations around the UK, with a campaign that included product sampling.
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review