UK: Lucozade Sport set for marketing push
GlaxoSmithKline is set to give flagship drinks brand Lucozade Sport a huge marketing push next month with fresh TV advertising and a high-profile sports sponsorship.
The UK group announced yesterday (28 March) that a new TV ad would go on air in April until the end of May. The two 30-second executions "highlight the key role Lucozade Sport plays in an athlete's preparation", GlaxoSmithKline said.
In the ad, athletes will be depicted participating in a number of sports in a series of 'win or lose' scenarios. The difference between them will be a bottle of Lucozade Sport. The ad will finish with a strapline - "there's a fine line between winning and losing".
The company also announced that Lucozade Sport would continue its long-running sponsorship of the Flora London Marathon, due to take place on 23 April.
The overall campaign is part of GlaxoSmithKline's GBP10.8m (US$18.7m) marketing investment behind the brand this year.
"With such high profile activity taking place in the coming months through the exciting new TV advertising creative and the sponsorship of the Flora London Marathon, Lucozade Sport will be at the forefront of consumers' minds," said Angela Eves, group brand manager for Lucozade at GlaxoSmithKline.
Sectors: Soft drinks
As the US distillers' association, Discus, for the first time in its history publishes its annual report into spirits advertising, which includes complaints against its self-regulatory code, David Rob...
Constellation Brands is interested in some of Allied Domecq's spirits brands, according to reports today (15 April)....
Maxxium Worldwide could come under pressure if Pernod and Fortune's Allied Domecq bid is successful, according to press reports today (14 April)....
It's been a quiet day on the Pernod/Allied Domecq front....
Conflicting reports circulated this weekend over whether Bacardi International is looking to form a counter-bid for Allied Domecq....
Todays press reports into Pernod and Fortune's hopes to buy Allied Domecq warn of possible conflicts and set a date for completion....
Pernod Ricard and Fortune Brands are hoping to buy Allied Domecq for around 670p per share, according to press reports....
LVMH has said it is not looking to buy Mumm Champagne from Allied Domecq....
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages