UK: Lucozade sponsors London Marathon
UK-based GlaxoSmithKline said today that its sports drink brand Lucozade Sport would once again be sponsoring the London Marathon. The company did not disclose the cost of the sponsorship.
As part of its association the brand will be available to participants at five drink stations along the route. 165,000 Lucozade Sport 330ml Orange pouches will be distributed throughout the race by 500 brand representatives including England Rugby Union fly-half Jonny Wilkinson.
Lucozade Sport's sponsorship includes over one kilometre of branding along the famous course.
John Whitfield, brand manager of Lucozade Sport at GlaxoSmithKline, said: "In its fifth year of sponsorship, Lucozade Sport is the ideal partner for the gruelling London Marathon. We are again extremely proud to be associated with such an iconic and popular event."
Sectors: Soft drinks
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Edrington’s The Macallan 40 Year Old - NPD
- Bacardi rolls out new Oakheart rum packs to US
- Seedlip eyes global growth with export deal
- Beam Suntory workers end Jim Beam strike
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends