UK: Lucozade sponsors London Marathon
UK-based GlaxoSmithKline said today that its sports drink brand Lucozade Sport would once again be sponsoring the London Marathon. The company did not disclose the cost of the sponsorship.
As part of its association the brand will be available to participants at five drink stations along the route. 165,000 Lucozade Sport 330ml Orange pouches will be distributed throughout the race by 500 brand representatives including England Rugby Union fly-half Jonny Wilkinson.
Lucozade Sport's sponsorship includes over one kilometre of branding along the famous course.
John Whitfield, brand manager of Lucozade Sport at GlaxoSmithKline, said: "In its fifth year of sponsorship, Lucozade Sport is the ideal partner for the gruelling London Marathon. We are again extremely proud to be associated with such an iconic and popular event."
Sectors: Soft drinks
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- The European beer market - Focus
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Corporate Relations Director to leave Diageo
- Bacardi names new global communications head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Pernod Ricard pairs Usain Bolt with Mumm Champagne