UK: Lucozade sponsors London Marathon
UK-based GlaxoSmithKline said today that its sports drink brand Lucozade Sport would once again be sponsoring the London Marathon. The company did not disclose the cost of the sponsorship.
As part of its association the brand will be available to participants at five drink stations along the route. 165,000 Lucozade Sport 330ml Orange pouches will be distributed throughout the race by 500 brand representatives including England Rugby Union fly-half Jonny Wilkinson.
Lucozade Sport's sponsorship includes over one kilometre of branding along the famous course.
John Whitfield, brand manager of Lucozade Sport at GlaxoSmithKline, said: "In its fifth year of sponsorship, Lucozade Sport is the ideal partner for the gruelling London Marathon. We are again extremely proud to be associated with such an iconic and popular event."
Sectors: Soft drinks
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Is sustainability now as important as financials?
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Diageo unveils Blender's Batch in the US
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts