UK: Lucozade launches apple addition
GlaxoSmithKline's Lucozade Energy range will be broadened from 3 July with the launch of Lucozade Energy Apple.
The company will use a GBP5.2m (US$9.44m) marketing campaign, nationwide sampling and extensive in-store point-of-sale to promote the new flavour for three months between July and September.
Lucozade Energy brand manager Lucy Colman said: "Lucozade Energy Apple is set to create further interest in the brand and in the soft drinks sector. Apple has researched extremely well and complements the rest of the Lucozade Energy portfolio. According to research, after orange, apple is the most liked drink flavour. With 67% of consumers questioned agreeing that Lucozade Energy Apple is a great idea and 64% saying that they would probably or definitely buy the new flavour, we're confident the new flavour is set to be a major sales success."
Sectors: Soft drinks
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- Drinkable yogurt - The next drinks opportunity
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Has Diet Coke passed its sell-by date? - Comment
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Pernod Ricard wins Ron Matusalem 'Cuba' legal row
- Work begins on Glasgow distillery
- Sapporo’s Sapporo Premium Black - NPD
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages