UK: Lucozade launches apple addition
GlaxoSmithKline's Lucozade Energy range will be broadened from 3 July with the launch of Lucozade Energy Apple.
The company will use a GBP5.2m (US$9.44m) marketing campaign, nationwide sampling and extensive in-store point-of-sale to promote the new flavour for three months between July and September.
Lucozade Energy brand manager Lucy Colman said: "Lucozade Energy Apple is set to create further interest in the brand and in the soft drinks sector. Apple has researched extremely well and complements the rest of the Lucozade Energy portfolio. According to research, after orange, apple is the most liked drink flavour. With 67% of consumers questioned agreeing that Lucozade Energy Apple is a great idea and 64% saying that they would probably or definitely buy the new flavour, we're confident the new flavour is set to be a major sales success."
Sectors: Soft drinks
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Is sustainability now as important as financials?
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Diageo unveils Blender's Batch in the US
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts