Lucas Bols to go public in EUR125m IPO
Lucas Bols claims to own the world's oldest distilled spirits brand
Lucas Bols, the privately-held Dutch cocktail spirits producer, is looking to raise EUR125m (US$147m) in an IPO.
The Amsterdam-based company, which owns the Bols liqueurs and spirits brands, said today the money will go towards refinancing and to “further strengthen its financial position”. Lucas Bols did not give a schedule for the IPO but said it will take place “in the near future”, subject to market conditions.
Huub van Doorne, CEO for Lucas Bols, described the move as “the next logical next step in the development” of the company after van Doorne led a buyout from Remy Cointreau in 2006.
“The company is now fully prepared for a standalone future with an enhanced capital markets profile to support our international growth strategy,” van Doorne said.
Lucas Bols claims that Bols is the world’s oldest distilled spirits brand, dating back to 1575. The company has more than 20 brands across a range of spirits products, sold in around 110 countries.
The IPO will be held on the Euronext Amsterdam exchange and will be made available to institutional and retail investors in the Netherlands and to “certain” institutional investors in other jurisdictions.
For an in-depth look at the company, click here.
Remy Cointreau has unveiled a EUR300 (US$330) plinth for its limited-edition AEN Metaxa....
The CEO of Remy Cointreau has said the next generation of drinkers will help boost growth in China. ...
Remy Cointreau has posted a lift in sales and profits for the first half of its financial year despite continued challenges in China....
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- "Beer and weed are complements" - analyst
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits