US: Low Country, Grape Expectations to merge
Low Country Imports and Grape Expectations Wine Imports have announced that they are to merge.
The merger, which will see the two US companies take the name Low Country Imports, will take effect from 1 August. Financial details behind the move were not disclosed.
The new company will create domestic and imported proprietary brands for national sales in the US, while representing imported winery brands from outside the country.
Low Country Imports was founded by David Stallings and Bess Lee for the importation and distribution of wine products in 2001 with a focus on proprietary brand creation in the US with emphasis on wines from Oregon and California. Brands include Dyed in the Wool, Zintry, Soiree, Vindelocks, Vin Dillon and Premonitions.
Grape Expectations Wine Imports was created in 1999 by Tina Williford and Mark Williford, for North Carolina wholesale distribution and national brand development and sales distribution of imported wine and spirits products from New Zealand, Australia, Spain, France, Italy, Argentina and Chile.
The administrative and warehousing operations will be based in Raleigh, North Carolina with Stallings, Williford and Lee as principals within the organisation.
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Trends - Scotch Whisky V
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends