AUSTRALIA: Low alcohol beer as weak as ...
The producer of Piss, a full strength beer released on to the Australian market last June, has released a low alcohol version, called Piss Weak.Brain-child of Melbourne publican Chris Hodges, the brand is the extension of the successful Piss, which is now selling in all Australian states. Piss is to be launched in the UK in October at the opening match, between England and Australia, of the Rugby League World Cup. Hodges said that two containers - about 2,500 cases - would be shipped to London for the launch. Arrangements had been made with 20 Australian pubs in the UK to sell the beer. Piss Weak was chosen as the title because "it was too good a name to ignore," Hodges said. "Our observation is that people don't really care for beer wars. At the end of the day our customers want to have fun and that is the message we are trying to convey with our beers." Piss Weak is said to be an all natural beer which used aromatic hops "to achieve a unique yet smooth taste." Not everyone finds it fun, however. Piss and Piss Weak are produced by the PI55 Beer Co., so named because the Australian Securities Commission refused registration of the name, Piss Beer Co.Chris Snow
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- This week in spirits & wine
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- Britvic's FY Performance by Region - Focus
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Craft, imports near 50% share in US on-trade
- Beam Suntory's Laphroaig Brodir - NPD
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts