S Korea: Lotte Group eyes Oriental Brewery swoop - report
Lotte Group has been touted as a possible buyer of South Korea's oriental Brewery, currently owned by Anheuser-Busch InBev.
An auction for Oriental Brewery is due to begin and Lotte, also based in South Korea, is set to bid, according to a Reuters report this week.
Anheuser-Busch InBev has confirmed to just-drinks that it is looking to dispose of several assets to help finance InBev's US$52bn acquisition of its rival. The newly formed brewing giant has declined to name those assets, however.
Oriental is the second largest beer manufacturer in South Korea, accounting for around 40% market share. The market leader in the country is Hite Brewery.
Should Lotte launch a bid, the move would mark the firm's second foray into alcoholic drinks within the last month. It recently agreed to buy Doosan Corp's spirits division for KRW503bn (US$383.5m), according to a Korean Stock Exchange filing.
The premium lager market in the UK is set to contract going forward, according to a recent report....
As drinks companies look desperately for the elusive 'green shoots' of economic recovery, Spiros Malandrakis of Euromonitor International examines the varying impact the downturn has had across region...
Anheuser-Busch InBev has set a deadline of late July for bids on several of its Central and Eastern Europe brewing assets, according to a report....
Turkey-based brewer Efes Breweries International has secured a US$300m loan from major investors....
Kohlberg Kravis Roberts has agreed to sell a stake in Oriental Brewery to Affinity Equity Partners, in a move pre-planned by the private equity group when it acquired the brewer from Anheuser-Busch In...
Kohlberg Kravis Roberts has agreed to sell a 50% stake in Oriental Brewery to a fellow private equity group, according to a report, only two months after it agreed to acquire the beer group from Anheu...
Anheuser-Busch InBev has agreed to sell four beverage can plants to Ball, the global packaging giant, for US$577m....
Czech brewer Pivovary Staropramen, part of Anheuser-Busch InBev, has reported a 50% drop in profits for 2008....
- What's so special about Islay anyway? - Comment
- Diageo gets 2016 off to a strong start - Analysis
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- With MegaBrew sorted, is MegaBev next? - Research
- What do Bourbon and craft beer have in common?
- The US is "the first place I look" - Diageo CEO
- Bacardi ups ante in US Havana Club row
- Alcohol industry warning over Kroger plan
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Suntory bids for Lucozade, Ribena Nigerian network
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research