S. KOREA: Lotte denies Jinro acquisition links
Continuing the confusing press reports coming out of South East Asia concerning the potential sale of South Korea's Jinro ltd, the Lotte Group today denied that it had formed any consortium to buy the Soju maker.
As reported yesterday in just-drinks, the South Korean press published reports that an industrial group had struck a deal to tale over the insolvent Jinro, and then sell on the Japanese subsidiary to Japan's Asahi Breweries.
It has become apparent today that these reports concerned the retailer group Lotte. However the company was reported by the AFX news agency as denying the story.
"The report is not true at all. We have not formed any consortium to take over Jinro," a group spokesman said. "Jinro's debt structure is so complicated that it's kind of impossible to bid for it."
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Private equity poised for SABMiller Europe buy?
- AB InBev to sell SABMiller Cent'l, E Europe assets
- Carlsberg's Shed Head and Bad Apple craft - NPD
- Asahi loses Q1 sales overseas
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?