S. KOREA: Lotte denies Jinro acquisition links
Continuing the confusing press reports coming out of South East Asia concerning the potential sale of South Korea's Jinro ltd, the Lotte Group today denied that it had formed any consortium to buy the Soju maker.
As reported yesterday in just-drinks, the South Korean press published reports that an industrial group had struck a deal to tale over the insolvent Jinro, and then sell on the Japanese subsidiary to Japan's Asahi Breweries.
It has become apparent today that these reports concerned the retailer group Lotte. However the company was reported by the AFX news agency as denying the story.
"The report is not true at all. We have not formed any consortium to take over Jinro," a group spokesman said. "Jinro's debt structure is so complicated that it's kind of impossible to bid for it."
- Analysis - SABMiller to add bolt-ons in Africa?
- A-B InBev's Move on Tennent's Super Makes Sense
- Brand Diversification Driving Craft Brewery Growth
- Analysis - Stock Spirits: Poland's number one
- What's on the M&A cards for San Miguel Brewery?
- Pernod Ricard's Café de Paris Pear, Pomegranate
- PepsiCo CEO sees "profound" change in US consumers
- William Grant sinks GBP185,000 into "No" camp
- William Grant & Sons boosts Travel Retail team
- Diageo scraps Arthur's Day, but singer left sad