PORTUGAL: Losses narrow in H1 for Compal

By | 3 October 2007

Portuguese beer and juice company Compal has reported a reduction in losses for the first half of this year, despite a marked slide in sales for the period.

The company said today (3 October) that losses in the six months to the end of June came in at EUR1.4m (US$1.98m), an improvement on the EUR4m posted in the corresponding period a year earlier. Sales slid markedly, however, by 14% to EUR81.9m.

The figures were released by Portuguese soft drinks firm Sumolis, which holds a 20% stake in Compal. The remaining 80% is held by state-owned bank Caixa Geral de Depositos.

Sectors: Beer & cider, Soft drinks, Water

View next/previous articles

Currently reading -

PORTUGAL: Losses narrow in H1 for Compal

There are currently no comments on this article

Be the first to comment on this article

just-drinks tagline

Not a member? Join here

Decrease font sizeDecrease font sizeDecrease font size Increase font sizeIncrease font sizeIncrease font size Comment on this article Email this to a friend Print this page