UK: London vineyard sees McGuigan UK sales rise
Australian Vintage's McGuigan brand has seen UK off-trade sales leap in the last 12 months.
The 77% increase on last year ws as a result of strong distributor and retailer relationships and "innovative marketing campaigns" including the creation of a city vineyard in London, the company said today (23 July).
Installed next to Liverpool Street tube station, the McGuigan City Vineyard saw around 1m visitors over three days earlier this month.
Australian Vintage CEO, Dane Hudson said: "The UK is a key export market for Australian Vintage so achieving branded growth is critical. I am thrilled that over the last 12 months, McGuigan was one of the fastest growing wine brands in UK off-premise.
"Additionally, I am pleased to report that in the very competitive Australian market, the McGuigan brand achieved solid sales and margin growth for the first time in a number of years."
The company said it is evolving as part of a multi-pronged strategy including building its export business, growing branded sales and maintaining low cost position.
"Although the high Australian dollar and the ongoing drought are creating significant challenges, we continue to make great strides forward against our strategic priorities and areas that we can control. This will set us up with a successful and sustainable business model," added Hudson.
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- Comment - Will We Understand the Language of Rum?
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- just The Preview - Pernod Ricard's Q3 & YTD
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard unveils Havana Club ad campaign
- Global Tequila market hits new highs in 2014
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Remy Cointreau US head to step down
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets