UK: London International Wine Fair move “a possibility”
The organisers of London International Wine Fair (LIWF) have not ruled out moving the event from its current home in east London to the Olympia exhibition centre nearer the centre of the capital.
Earlier this week, UK trade magazine The Drinks Business wrote that the general manager for Accolade Wines in the UK & Ireland, Paul Schaafsma, was of the understanding that the trade show, which takes place in May at ExCeL in London's Docklands, will move to Olympia in 2014. Although Schaafsma was not quoted directly in the piece, exhibition director Ross Carter confirmed to Drinks Business that organisers Brintex are “still in discussion”.
When contacted by just-drinks today (28 March), Brintex marketing director Will Broadfoot said that the firm has been “discussing the options available” with both past and present exhibitors.
“Olympia is a possibility,” said Broadfoot, “but it is not the only option.”
Broadfoot also suggested that Brintex has considered an outdoor venue for the wine fair, but, “while they host plenty of consumer shows, they're not really set up for trade events”.
“Until we put pen to paper,” he added, “there's nothing to announce. We're much more interested in the 2013 fair, which is under two months away.”
This year's exhibition has been moved forward a day, starting on Monday 20 May for three days.
- Why did Mast-Jägermeister buy Sidney Frank?
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard's FY fiscal-2015 - Preview
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Amazon adds alcohol to one-hour delivery service
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research