UK: London International Wine Fair move “a possibility”
The organisers of London International Wine Fair (LIWF) have not ruled out moving the event from its current home in east London to the Olympia exhibition centre nearer the centre of the capital.
Earlier this week, UK trade magazine The Drinks Business wrote that the general manager for Accolade Wines in the UK & Ireland, Paul Schaafsma, was of the understanding that the trade show, which takes place in May at ExCeL in London's Docklands, will move to Olympia in 2014. Although Schaafsma was not quoted directly in the piece, exhibition director Ross Carter confirmed to Drinks Business that organisers Brintex are “still in discussion”.
When contacted by just-drinks today (28 March), Brintex marketing director Will Broadfoot said that the firm has been “discussing the options available” with both past and present exhibitors.
“Olympia is a possibility,” said Broadfoot, “but it is not the only option.”
Broadfoot also suggested that Brintex has considered an outdoor venue for the wine fair, but, “while they host plenty of consumer shows, they're not really set up for trade events”.
“Until we put pen to paper,” he added, “there's nothing to announce. We're much more interested in the 2013 fair, which is under two months away.”
This year's exhibition has been moved forward a day, starting on Monday 20 May for three days.
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Comment - IPO Launch a Tonic for Fever-Tree
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- NPD - Moët Hennessy’s Glenmorangie Dornoch
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- Pernod blames rule changes for Plymouth GI drop
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research