UK: London International Wine Fair move “a possibility”
The organisers of London International Wine Fair (LIWF) have not ruled out moving the event from its current home in east London to the Olympia exhibition centre nearer the centre of the capital.
Earlier this week, UK trade magazine The Drinks Business wrote that the general manager for Accolade Wines in the UK & Ireland, Paul Schaafsma, was of the understanding that the trade show, which takes place in May at ExCeL in London's Docklands, will move to Olympia in 2014. Although Schaafsma was not quoted directly in the piece, exhibition director Ross Carter confirmed to Drinks Business that organisers Brintex are “still in discussion”.
When contacted by just-drinks today (28 March), Brintex marketing director Will Broadfoot said that the firm has been “discussing the options available” with both past and present exhibitors.
“Olympia is a possibility,” said Broadfoot, “but it is not the only option.”
Broadfoot also suggested that Brintex has considered an outdoor venue for the wine fair, but, “while they host plenty of consumer shows, they're not really set up for trade events”.
“Until we put pen to paper,” he added, “there's nothing to announce. We're much more interested in the 2013 fair, which is under two months away.”
This year's exhibition has been moved forward a day, starting on Monday 20 May for three days.
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Analysis - The Value of Prosecco
- Sustainability - Walking the Walk on Water
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Belvedere proposes name change
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Brown-Forman eyes family ties with board additions
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review