US: Lombard, A.V. Imports seal Pebble Beach deal
The Lombard family has secured US distribution for its Pebble Beach single malt Scotch whisky.
A.V. Imports will import the whisky, the company confirmed yesterday (14 December). The deal sees the Speyside-based distillery team up with the Pebble Beach golf resort in the US. The Lombards had earlier secured an agreement with Pebble Beach Company to introduce the single malt in the country.
"We are proud to be selected as the importer of Pebble Beach single malt Scotch whisky" said Melanie Pyne, brand manager at A.V. Imports. "We are honoured to partner with the Lombard family and believe that together, this brand will make a major impact on the American market."
Margaret Lombard-Chibnall, Lombard's managing director, added: "Lombard has developed one of the highest grade single malts on the market. The relationship and endorsement from a world golfing icon, Pebble Beach Company, is fabulous. In developing our presence in the US, we are looking to build with much promise."
The single malt will retail in the US at US$69.99.
Beam's acquisition of Teacher's and Laphroaig may not have attracted as much attention as some other elements of the Allied Domecq sell-off but as Michael Cockram, Scotch brand director at Beam Global...
The recent takeover of Whyte & Mackay by the Indian UB Group is hardly the first time the Glasgow-based Scotch whisky producer has changed hands over the past 20 years or so. Patience Gould, who has s...
V&S Group's move into the local Chinese spirits market via a joint venture with Sichuan company JianNanChun offers the Swedish company access to the growing premium sector of a massive spirits industr...
The term 'Scotch whisky' is the subject of a test application for geographical indication of origin in China....
Diageo has remained silent on growing press speculation that it is under investigation for tax evasion in South Korea....
Pernod Ricard has played down reports that it'll be targeting higher income households in China....
A senior executive at Whyte & Mackay has called for the spirits industry to "pull the dogs off" in its pursuit of reduced tariff levels in India....
Chivas Brothers has launched an extensive campaign to promote its entire Ballantine's Scotch whisky range internationally....
- Heineken goes from strength to strength - Analysis
- Treasury Wine Estates CEO - Interview Pt II
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- Treasury Wine Estates CEO - Interview Pt I
- Heineken FY 2016 by region - results data
- Non-alcoholic Heineken set to hit Europe - CEO
- Rum braced for falling volumes in years ahead
- Beam Suntory revamps Bowmore whisky packaging
- Molson Coors hit by US$500m write-down in Canada
- ForEx bites, but Heineken hails strong 2016
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends