CHINA: Local soft drink producers winning back share of Chinese market
Local beverage producers in China have started to claw back a larger share of the domestic market from drink giants Coca-Cola and Pepsi.Press reports from Asia claim that in the first half of the year, the top 10 Chinese producers, led by Robust, Jianlibao and Wahaa, accounted for 45% of the country's beverage production, compared with 22% in 1997.The report continued to say that the total production by the top 10 companies amounted to 3.4 million tonnes in 6 months, a year-on-year growth of 46%.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- No Home Comfort for TWE as Bids Collapse
- Treasury Wine Estates: Here I Go Again On My Own
- Bacardi Seeks Own History at Bombay Sapphire Home
- Will low-alcohol wines wither on the vine?
- NPD in Alcoholic Drinks
- Diageo's Johnnie Walker hit by Travel Retail slump
- Carlsberg suspends production at Russian brewery
- Anheuser-Busch InBev shuts fourth Russian brewery
- Treasury Wine Estates pulls plug on takeover talks
- Mallya stays chairman at Diageo's United Spirits