RUSSIA: Lixir to distribute Russian Standard in France
Russian Standard Vodka has signed a partnership deal with French distribution company Lixir.
Lixir will manage French distribution of Russian Standard's entire portfolio, including Russian Standard Original, Platinum, Gold and Imperia, the firms said today (5 December)
William Grant has already won plaudits from the Russian group for its successful roll out of the vodka in the UK.
The French spirit market is currently dominated by sub-premium brands, providing a "significant opportunity for the continued growth of Russian Standard", the company said.
"We are excited to partner with Lixir to strengthen our presence in this key European market," said Chris Lucas, CEO of Russian Standard Vodka, Western Europe.
"This partnership represents an important step in becoming the number one premium vodka in France and we are confident that with Lixir's help we will grow our sales and market share quickly."
To support the new partnership, Lixir will implement advertising and marketing campaigns in exclusive on-trade and off-trade accounts.
Having not made a major acquisition for a couple of years, Campari was back in the spotlight last month when it acquired Wild Turkey Bourbon from Pernod Ricard. Campari CEO Bob Kunze-Concewitz spoke w...
Spirits such as soju and cachaça may be less well known than vodka and whisky, but according to a new report from IWSR and just-drinks, could offer considerable benefits to multinationals, both in und...
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Morgan Stanley has initiated coverage of French drinks companies Pernod Ricard and Remy Cointreau, according to local reports....
First Drinks Brands, the distribution business owned by whisky distiller William Grant & Sons, has confirmed the launch of a smaller-sized variant of the Russian Standard vodka brand in the UK....
Diageo and the Nolet family have launched a US$12m advert campaign across the US for the Dutch premium vodka Ketel One....
William Grant & Sons has launched an online social network for Glenfiddich, making it the latest Scotch whisky brand to build a community for its consumers....
William Grant & Sons is expanding its Glenfiddich Distillery Edition Scotch whisky out of travel retail and into specialist retailers across key markets worldwide....
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- When BRIC markets go horribly wrong
- Interview, Philip Gregan, New Zealand Winegrowers
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- Diageo mulls United Spirits stake buy - report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits