UK: LIWSF to double spirits exhibition space
The amount of space given over to spirits producers at the London International Wine & Spirits Fair will double next year.
The annual event, spread over three days in May, will also see the 'Spirits Quarter' move its location in the hall to the east end. The LIWSF is held at ExCel in London.
To back the move, Marc Charles has been appointed as spirits ambassador for the event. Charles is currently managing director of consultancy Drinks Brands International and also spent six years as sales and trade marketing director for Pernod Ricard UK.
"Feedback from spirits participants at LIWSF 2006 was positive," said James Murray, show director, yesterday (14 December). "With a refreshed Spirits Quarter and Marc on board to work alongside us we are confident that the LIWSF will become one of the most effective exhibitions for the global spirits industry."
Next year's LIWSF will take place between 22 and 24 May.
The C&C Group may have its cider brand Magners to thank for its recent success, but Brian Walsh, managing director of the Irish company's spirits arm C&C International, believes the group's spirits po...
Beam's acquisition of Teacher's and Laphroaig may not have attracted as much attention as some other elements of the Allied Domecq sell-off but as Michael Cockram, Scotch brand director at Beam Global...
Bacardi has been engaged in a legal battle with Pernod Ricard over the rights to the Havana Club trademark for years. But Patience Gould believes the US-based spirits giant is shooting itself in the f...
Fortune Brands appears to be upping its profile in the impending race to acquire Sweden's Vin & Sprit....
Pernod Ricard plans to launch new packaging and advertising in the UK to promote a more premium image for its Malibu brand....
Pernod Ricard has played down reports that it'll be targeting higher income households in China....
Diageo has secured a prime position for its Blossom Hill wine brand at this year's Wimbledon tennis championships....
Pernod Ricard has confirmed that its managing director has visited Sweden to look at Vin & Sprit's Absolut vodka brand, ahead of a possible sell-off....
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- Beckham, Diageo and the Allure of the VIP Pop-Up
- just The Preview - Brown-Forman Q3 & YTD
- Diageo, Beckham launch VIP pop-up for Haig Club
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Pernod Ricard sends Martell Mumm PJ head to Asia
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Pinnacle Vodka, Skinnygirl roll out on ice
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research