UK: LIWSF changes name, launches Distil
The London International Wine and Spirit Fair is set to change its name next year.
The trade event, taking place in the UK capital this week, will become the London International Wine Fair next year.
Speaking exclusively to just-drinks today (23 May), Marc Charles, spirits ambassador for the LIWSF, announced the launch next year of 'Distil', a trade event targeting the global spirits industry, which will run concurrently with the wine fair.
"Brintex [LIWSF organiser] identified a gap in the market for a professional spirits-oriented exhibition," Charles said. "The LIWSF is viewed predominantly as a wine fair."
The Distil exhibition will see the area dedicated to spirits "at least double" in size, and will move to the other side of the ExCel exhibition hall in London.
"We're already in talks with all of the major spirits producers internationally," Charles said, although he declined to give specific company names. "We are also discussing the event with a range of trade bodies."
Will Broadfoot, marketing director for the LIWSF, added: "The premise is to do what we have achieved with the wine fair - to become a very business-focussed trade event and international forum for spirits producers, distributors and buyers to meet and discuss the business of spirits."
Next year's LIWF and Distil will run from 20 to 22 May.
This year sees the launch of Distil, a dedicated spirits show to complement the London International Wine Fair. But, writes Chris Losh, having already failed to secure enough big spirits producers as ...
The focus at this year’s London International Wine & Spirit Fair was more heavily on the off-trade than ever before, confirming for Chris Losh that the organisers have all but abandoned attempts to ta...
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- Beckham, Diageo and the Allure of the VIP Pop-Up
- just The Preview - Brown-Forman Q3 & YTD
- Diageo, Beckham launch VIP pop-up for Haig Club
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Pinnacle Vodka, Skinnygirl roll out on ice
- Pernod Ricard sends Martell Mumm PJ head to Asia
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research