UK: LIWSF adds to advisory board
The advisory board of the London International Wine & Spirits Fair has added to its numbers.
Andrew Firth, the managing director of regional wholesaler Playford Ros, and Systembolaget purchasing manager Ann Burgaz-Schmidt will join with immediate effect, the board said yesterday (23 November).
The advisory board was set up by exhibition company Brintex in 2001 to advise on the development of the fair across the wine and spirits categories, from a domestic and international perspective.
Firth and Burgaz-Schmidt join a board which consists members including David Cox, managing director of Europe for Brown Forman Wines, Dee Blackstock, central wine buyer for Waitrose Supermarkets and Michael Sainsbury, global wine director at Maxxium Worldwide.
Next year's LIWSF will take place between 22 and 24 May.
In this month's Just the Answer interview, managing director of Beam UK Adrian McKeon spoke with Olly Wehring about the future of the Maxxium partnership, Beam's relationship with the notoriously hard...
Maxxium Worldwide has broken through the EUR2bn (US$2.7bn) barrier for the first time in full-year turnover....
Maxxium UK has lined up an innovative approach to the Piper-Heidsieck Champagne brand in the UK....
Rémy Cointreau has posted a slight lift in full-year turnover....
Coca-Cola Amatil has confirmed a change of company secretary. The Australia-based bottler, in which The Coca-Cola Co. owns a 32% stake, said today (14 February) that George Foster will assume the posi...
V&S Group has insisted it can do more to drive profits and boost the value of the business. The comments came after V&S chief executive Bengt Baron said the Swedish state-owned company is not yet "at ...
Maxxium UK has appointed a new brand ambassador for Rémy Martin Fine Champagne Cognac....
Diageo has remained tight-lipped on continued speculation that it may pull out of its joint venture with LVMH....
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- The Coca-Cola Co's Q2/H1 2016 results - Preview
- SABMiller's Q1 sales performance by region - Focus
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Diageo appoints new Smirnoff head
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- Scotch drop hits Edrington as FY profits fall
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends