UK: LIWSF adds to advisory board
The advisory board of the London International Wine & Spirits Fair has added to its numbers.
Andrew Firth, the managing director of regional wholesaler Playford Ros, and Systembolaget purchasing manager Ann Burgaz-Schmidt will join with immediate effect, the board said yesterday (23 November).
The advisory board was set up by exhibition company Brintex in 2001 to advise on the development of the fair across the wine and spirits categories, from a domestic and international perspective.
Firth and Burgaz-Schmidt join a board which consists members including David Cox, managing director of Europe for Brown Forman Wines, Dee Blackstock, central wine buyer for Waitrose Supermarkets and Michael Sainsbury, global wine director at Maxxium Worldwide.
Next year's LIWSF will take place between 22 and 24 May.
In this month's Just the Answer interview, managing director of Beam UK Adrian McKeon spoke with Olly Wehring about the future of the Maxxium partnership, Beam's relationship with the notoriously hard...
Maxxium Worldwide has broken through the EUR2bn (US$2.7bn) barrier for the first time in full-year turnover....
Maxxium UK has lined up an innovative approach to the Piper-Heidsieck Champagne brand in the UK....
Rémy Cointreau has posted a slight lift in full-year turnover....
Coca-Cola Amatil has confirmed a change of company secretary. The Australia-based bottler, in which The Coca-Cola Co. owns a 32% stake, said today (14 February) that George Foster will assume the posi...
V&S Group has insisted it can do more to drive profits and boost the value of the business. The comments came after V&S chief executive Bengt Baron said the Swedish state-owned company is not yet "at ...
Maxxium UK has appointed a new brand ambassador for Rémy Martin Fine Champagne Cognac....
Diageo has remained tight-lipped on continued speculation that it may pull out of its joint venture with LVMH....
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Pernod Ricard's Q3 2017 trading update - Preview
- Heineken Q1 2017 by region - results data
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Remy Cointreau Fiscal-2017 sales - results data
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- TWE's Beringer Main & Vine Dry Rosé - NPD
- Edrington shifts innovation to US in shake-up
- Pernod Ricard posts solid YTD sales jump - results
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World