UK: LIWF organisers expect "solid" event despite drop-outs
LIWF have responded to concerns about a number of drop-outs from this year's show
Organisers of the London International Wine Fair (LIWF) have said they expect “in excess” of 500 exhibitors at this year's show, but have admitted disappointment over a number of pull-outs.
Earlier this month, wholesaler Liberty Wines became the latest company to withdraw from the three-day wine industry event. Bibendum, Mentzendorff and Enotria have also reportedly decided not to take stands this year.
But in a statement today (12 March), organisers said that, despite tough trading conditions, they are "positive that 2013 will be a solid event".
LIWF director Ross Carter said: “Whilst we are undeniably disappointed that some agents won’t be taking part this year, we still have a broad spectrum of exhibitors signed up, including a number of the UK’s best agents and importers.” He also said there will be “many hundreds” of smaller producers at the show.
This time last year, LWIF said it was expecting around 1,000 exhibitors at the 2012 show. Today, organisers said they “anticipate in excess of 500 exhibitors” at this year's event.
Organisers said they expect to see around 10,000 buyers and "key influencers" at the show.
High profile agents confirmed for the event, at London's ExCeL centre, include: 10 International; Awin Barratt Siegel Wine Agencies; Argento; Bancroft; CyT UK; Copestick Murray; DGB; Distell; Gonzalez Byass; Hatch Mansfield; J E Fells; Lanchester; Les Grands Chais de France; Myliko; Off Piste; Seckford's; and Treasury Wine Estates.
LIWF said more confirmations are “being finalised”.
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- The European beer market - Focus
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Bacardi names new global communications head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Corporate Relations Director to leave Diageo
- Diageo, Nolets unveil latest Ketel One campaign