ESTONIA: Liviko adds Estonia to Bacardi-Martini distribution
Liviko will handle Bacardi-Martini's brands in Estonia
Liviko has increased its distribution footprint for Bacardi-Martini Group's brands in the Baltic states to include Estonia.
The Estonia-based drinks group, which secured distribution for Bacardi-Martini in Latvia earlier this year, said yesterday (26 April) that it will take over from Valior AS as Bacardi-Martini's sole importer and representative in the country from 17 May.
The switch from Valior came about “after reviewing the route to market in Estonia”, a spokesperson for Bacardi told just-drinks.
“Liviko’s growth in the Baltic markets and its work with its brands has been impressive and we believe it will ensure that our products will reach consumers in these markets, which have great potential,” said Alejandro Ouziel, area director of Bacardi-Martini.
In an interview with just-drinks last year, Liviko's CEO, Janek Kalvi, claimed that the group had gained share on its rivals, including SPI Group, in Latvia and Lituania, since entering the countries in 2007.
International spirits brands upped their dominance of the travel retail channel last, according to recent research....
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Heineken Q1 2017 by region - results data
- Remy Cointreau Fiscal-2017 sales - results data
- Soft drinks is losing the recycling game
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- TWE's Beringer Main & Vine Dry Rosé - NPD
- Edrington shifts innovation to US in shake-up
- Pernod Ricard posts solid YTD sales jump - results
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends