UK: Lively Modelo sees rating knocked back
Grupo Modelo has had its rating cut following a busy few weeks for the Mexican brewer.
UBS yesterday (6 December) reduced its coverage of Modelo to 'reduce' from 'neutral', following a string of announcements that the brokerage believes could have a limited impact on the brewer's value.
This week, Modelo named Anheuser-Busch as its brand importer in China. Last week, Modelo announced that it is investing US$520m in a new brewery in the north of Mexico. The company also unveiled a joint water distribution venture with Nestlé.
In a report, UBS said: "We have incorporated the likely impact of these initiatives into our projections. While we believe that they should be mildly positive in the aggregate, their impact on value is not as high as the recent rally implies."
Grupo Damm is targeting a strong rise in export sales going forward, according to local reports....
Budweiser has announced it will be renewing its partnership with The Premier League, the UK's top flight football league, with the renewed deal commencing 1st June 2007....
Grupo Modelo and Carlsberg have sealed a deal that will see the Mexican giant import and distribute the Danish brand in Mexico by the second half of the year....
Czech brewing company Budejovicky Budvar is considering plans to distribute Carlsberg beer in the Czech Republic....
Top executives at Anheuser-Busch were in bullish mood at the recent BUD Investor Conference held in St Louis, giving an optimistic outlook for the US brewing giant's future prospects, both in the US a...
Boston Beer Co. has started rolling out Samuel Adams beer from the brewery that previously made Rolling Rock....
Royal Grolsch stock has been downgraded, despite its continued success in the US....
Anheuser-Busch has stopped making its drink Spykes due to its "limited volume potential and unfounded criticism"....
- Analysis - SABMiller to add bolt-ons in Africa?
- India: Everyone's Favourite Spirits Market
- A-B InBev's Move on Tennent's Super Makes Sense
- Brand Diversification Driving Craft Brewery Growth
- Comment - SABMiller and Diageo: A Tie-Up Too Far
- Diageo scraps Arthur's Day, but singer left sad
- William Grant sinks GBP185,000 into "No" camp
- SodaStream silent on John Lewis pullout in UK
- PepsiCo CEO sees "profound" change in US consumers
- SABMiller launches Grolsch in a jar - video