LITHUANIA: Lithuanian competition authority OKs formation of Carlsberg Breweries
The Lithuanian competition authority has today approved the Carlsberg and Orkla deal in Lithuania. The approval is conditional on the sale of one of the three breweries involved in the deal - Svyturys, Utenos and Kalnapilis. The authority has not specified which one should be sold.Utenos and Kalnapilis are owned by Baltic Beverage Holding, which is 50% owned by Orkla. Svyturys is 58% owned by Carlsberg.Carlsberg has accepted the decision and will now consider which of the three breweries will be sold.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- SABMiller edges Diageo as beer trumps spirits
- Will Keurig Kold come to Coca-Cola Co's Rescue?
- Focus - SABMiller's FY Sales Performance by Region
- Focus - Indonesia: Prohibition in Paradise?
- Rémy Cointreau eyes recovery after Q4 bounceback
- Carlsberg exec joins Diageo as Africa chief steps
- Diageo YTD sales come in flat
- Bacardi hands global advertising to single agency
- Heineken "concerned" as Indonesia enacts beer ban
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review