LITHUANIA: Lithuanian competition authority OKs formation of Carlsberg Breweries
The Lithuanian competition authority has today approved the Carlsberg and Orkla deal in Lithuania. The approval is conditional on the sale of one of the three breweries involved in the deal - Svyturys, Utenos and Kalnapilis. The authority has not specified which one should be sold.Utenos and Kalnapilis are owned by Baltic Beverage Holding, which is 50% owned by Orkla. Svyturys is 58% owned by Carlsberg.Carlsberg has accepted the decision and will now consider which of the three breweries will be sold.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- What's so special about Islay anyway? - Comment
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- What do Bourbon and craft beer have in common?
- Alcohol industry warning over Kroger plan
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- American rye whiskey sales leap 600% in five years
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research