LITHUANIA: Lithuanian competition authority OKs formation of Carlsberg Breweries
The Lithuanian competition authority has today approved the Carlsberg and Orkla deal in Lithuania. The approval is conditional on the sale of one of the three breweries involved in the deal - Svyturys, Utenos and Kalnapilis. The authority has not specified which one should be sold.Utenos and Kalnapilis are owned by Baltic Beverage Holding, which is 50% owned by Orkla. Svyturys is 58% owned by Carlsberg.Carlsberg has accepted the decision and will now consider which of the three breweries will be sold.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- Mike’s Hard Lemonade Could Be a Hard Sell
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q4 & FY
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo adds Dubai to Johnnie Walker skyline series
- Asahi Beverages CEO to step down - report
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report