LITHUANIA: Lithuanian competition authority OKs formation of Carlsberg Breweries
The Lithuanian competition authority has today approved the Carlsberg and Orkla deal in Lithuania. The approval is conditional on the sale of one of the three breweries involved in the deal - Svyturys, Utenos and Kalnapilis. The authority has not specified which one should be sold.Utenos and Kalnapilis are owned by Baltic Beverage Holding, which is 50% owned by Orkla. Svyturys is 58% owned by Carlsberg.Carlsberg has accepted the decision and will now consider which of the three breweries will be sold.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- India overtakes France for Pernod Ricard
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- New whisky distillery set for Edinburgh
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research