LITHUANIA: Lithuanian competition authority OKs formation of Carlsberg Breweries
The Lithuanian competition authority has today approved the Carlsberg and Orkla deal in Lithuania. The approval is conditional on the sale of one of the three breweries involved in the deal - Svyturys, Utenos and Kalnapilis. The authority has not specified which one should be sold.Utenos and Kalnapilis are owned by Baltic Beverage Holding, which is 50% owned by Orkla. Svyturys is 58% owned by Carlsberg.Carlsberg has accepted the decision and will now consider which of the three breweries will be sold.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Allegro: The shape of things to come at Pernod?
- Pernod Ricard's Allegro cost-saving programme
- Comment - Diageo's Distill Ventures: One Year On
- The End of the Road for International Beer Brands?
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard set for CMO switch
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Wine Australia reports death of UK, Europe boss
- Pernod bemoans tough FY as sales, profits drop
- Diageo takes Haig Club to Singapore airport