USA: Liquor.com Appoints New Chief Executive Officer
Mr. Grieff has an extensive background in marketing and in the entertainment business, including music, publishing, and interactive media. In his career, Mr. Grieff has been involved in the founding three companies, including Promotional Concept Group, an affiliate of the Interpublic Group of Companies, Inc., and Intravision, Inc., a marketing and participatory entertainment company. In his role he helped create the concept, develop the business plan as well as raise seed money. He has held senior management positions with Broadway Video Entertainment, an entertainment and talent management company; ABC Records; A&M Records; Citylights Records, his own private label distributed by Columbia Records; National Lampoon Magazine; and Rolling Stone Magazine.
Announcing the appointment, Gail Zelitzky, Chairman of Liquor.com, said, "We are thrilled to have an executive of this caliber join the Liquor.com management team to carry out our business plan to be the leading site to integrate the retail, distribution and wholesale segments of the beverage industry. Mr. Grieff's proven track record launching new companies along with his extensive marketing experience and leadership will be invaluable to our success."
Liquor.com, formerly known as Liquor by Wire, is developing an online exchange focusing on integrating producers, retailers and consumers in the highly fragmented prestige alcohol and entertainment beverage industry. The company also offers consumers direct access to wine, champagne, spirits and accessories through its Web site, http://www.liquor.com, as well as proprietary lifestyles content. Liquor.com's affiliate network provides direct delivery to thirty-nine states and over forty countries.
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
Brasserie Kronenbourg has clarified earlier reports about its entry into the low alcohol beer sector in France....
Costs relating to alcohol abuse in Sweden are on the rise, according to research out this week....
Police in eastern Kenya have said that at least 24 people died on Saturday after drinking illegally produced alcohol....
According to a recently published study, people who drink alcohol may have a lower risk of developing a type of cancer which affects the lymphatic system known as non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL)....
Diageo is calling for facts labels to be placed on alcohol beverages in the US....
Kenyan authorities are to ban beer and spirits advertising from television and billboards in the country, according to a local report late last week....
Post-menopausal women who consume even moderate amounts of alcohol may face an increased risk of breast cancer, according to a comprehensive US study....
- Ten questions for Diageo - Analysis
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- How craft beer has shattered its US shackles
- New CEO sparks optimism at Coca-Cola - Analysis
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- BrewDog moves into spirits with LoneWolf launch
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- Johnnie Walker Bourbon Cask & Rye Finish - NPD
- Remy signs new three-year Russia deal with Roust
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Craft Beer: Coming of Age or Past Its Prime?
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report