US: Liquor Group Wholesale acquires distributor
Liquor Group Wholesale has added a new sales territory to its business through the acquisition of a statewide liquor distribution operation in the State of Illinois.
The merger, underwritten privately by Vigor Holding Company, brings Alex Chudnovsky of Tastes of the World/Imperial Distributors with his sales and distribution team into the company with a five year stock-vesting plan.
"We are excited about becoming the 32nd state in Liquor Group through this stock vesting programme..." said Chudnovsky "...better to be a party to a merger with a large outfit like Liquor Group which benefits everyone involved than to be left out fending for yourselves as a distributor in only one or two states."
Chudnovsky's operations grossed around US$2.8m in 2008 representing a portfolio of roughly 80 mostly ethnic products.
Earlier this year, Liquor Group Wholesale received the green light for its bailment distribution business model in the US.
- PepsiCo to consider more re-franchising - CEO
- Cleaning China's seedier side brings Remy balance
- Focus - SABMiller's Q1 Performance by Region
- just The Preview - SABMiller's Q1
- just Five Years Ago: A-B InBev sells Oriental
- Diageo's Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned
- Diageo faces public consultation over W&M sale
- William Grant silent on Drambuie bid talk
- Bacardi to fight US football team legal action
- Alcohol retailer group appoints new chairman