USA: Liqui-Box Announces 3rd Quarter Results
Citing a generally down year in certain customer segments of the bottled water market compared to last year, as well as continued high raw material prices, Liqui-Box Corporation (Nasdaq:LIQB) today announced earnings of $4,449,000 for the third quarter of 2000 compared to $5,811,000 for the same period in 1999 on sales of $43,440,000 vs. sales of $44,327,000 a year ago. Earnings per share decreased to $1.01 from $1.29, a 22% decrease. S. B. Davis, Chairman and CEO said that although the results may reflect some industry conditions, he was not happy with the performance for the year, and that appropriate operational changes will be made to improve the situation. "We have a history of growth and improvement, and it is our job to continue that trend regardless of market conditions," Davis said. "While we have made some changes already, it is clear we need to make some more, and we will do so." "While the figures don't indicate it yet, we have made a good deal of progress in improving the operations. However, I am not happy with the top line, and it is time to address that aggressively," Davis said. Liqui-Box is traded on The NASDAQ Stock Market under the symbol LIQB.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Boom time for soft drinks in West Europe?
- Protein interest offers drinks opportunities - NPD
- Patron's lesson for the broader spirits sector
- Britvic's H1 Performance by Region - Focus
- Alcohol and the risk of breast cancer - ISFAR
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- SABMiller issues currency alert as Africa weakens
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- Diageo names Javier Ferran as new chairman
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Keurig Green Mountain in Hot Drinks (World)
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends