AUSTRALIA: Lion wine division to contribute one-third of earnings by 2005
Lion Nathan, the Australian drinks giant, wants to create a wine division large enough to contribute one third of total annual earnings to the Lion business within three years. In a report in today's Sydney Morning Herald, Lion Nathan's investor relations director, Warwick Bryan said: "If you take Montana on its own, that business will deliver EBIT of around A$100m in three years. Over that period we would build a reasonably significant wine business that would complement Montana."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- just The Preview - Diageo's FY preliminaries
- Analysis - SABMiller's Australian issues continue
- Focus - SABMiller's Q1 Performance by Region
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's H1 & Q2
- NPD: Alcohol Beverage “Mash-Ups” Fuel Innovation
- Diageo silent over Shuijingfang writedown report
- Sales, profits fall at Moet Hennessy in H1
- Britvic promotes GB marketing head to global post
- Molson Coors CEO to retire
- Diageo's Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned