AUS: Lion Nathan set to leave China - report
Lion Nathan is close to exiting its loss-making beer operations in China, according to press reports. The Australian Financial Review, quoting unidentified industry sources, said that at least four large international brewing groups have undertaken due diligence on Lion Nathan's assets in the country.
Sources suggested to the newspaper that a deal could be signed later this month, with Heineken, Interbrew, SABMiller, and Anheuser-Busch undertaking due diligence. The newspaper added that an outright sale is expected, at a significant premium, of Lion Nathan's operations in the Yangtze River delta region in the country.
Lion Nathan's China business has accumulated losses of more than A$200m (US$139.3m) in the past nine years, the newspaper noted.
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
Heineken has restructured its top management, in a move that includes the retirement of current CEO and chairman Thony Ruys from October this year....
InBev has made an offer to acquire the remaining minority interests in its Russian business SUN Interbrew Ltd (SIL) that it doesn't own, at a price of US$33.41 in cash per security....
China Resources Snow Breweries Limited (CR Snow) has entered into an agreement with the Fuyang City government to acquire the assets of the Fuyang City Snowland Brewery Company in Anhui province for U...
Following its recent re-launch in the UK, SABMiller has introduced its Italian lager brand Peroni Nastro Azzurro to the Romanian market....
Heineken said yesterday that its Austrian subsidiary Brau Union AG has signed an agreement for the divestment of its Real Estate Division. This division comprises all non-business related real estate ...
Demand and profit problems for Australian wine producers in both home and export markets are becoming more apparent....
Heineken has acquired a 40% stake in a Chinese brewery....
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- What's in store for Super Bowl 50 - Focus
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Carlsberg's Q4 & Full Year - Preview
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- Diageo's Oban Little Bay single malt Scotch - NPD
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research