Just-drinks analysis: Lion Nathan seeks Chinese brewer to buy its unprofitable business, analysts say
Lion Nathan is looking at alternative remedies for its ailing Chinese operation.Chief executive officer Gordon Cairns revealed this week that he was considering proposals for an "expansion" of the company's A$282m China division.But sources close to the Sydney-based company have translated Cairn's confident announcement: rather than a positive step to boost its role in China, Lion Nathan is looking for local Chinese brewers to bail out its unprofitable division.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Scottish Independence and Scotch Whisky
- Whisk(e)y leads vodka in US, but for how long?
- Wine in the UK: Tell Us Something We Don't Know
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- LIVE BLOG: Industry responds to Scotland 'No' vote
- Diageo ups Johnnie Walker Formula One presence
- A-B InBev shakes up Euro units, UK head steps down
- William Grant opens Tullamore D.E.W. distillery
- Rabobank warns of "mountainous task" for Scotch