Just-drinks analysis: Lion Nathan seeks Chinese brewer to buy its unprofitable business, analysts say
Lion Nathan is looking at alternative remedies for its ailing Chinese operation.Chief executive officer Gordon Cairns revealed this week that he was considering proposals for an "expansion" of the company's A$282m China division.But sources close to the Sydney-based company have translated Cairn's confident announcement: rather than a positive step to boost its role in China, Lion Nathan is looking for local Chinese brewers to bail out its unprofitable division.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- The European beer market - Focus
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Corporate Relations Director to leave Diageo
- Bacardi names new global communications head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Diageo, Nolets unveil latest Ketel One campaign