Just-drinks analysis: Lion Nathan seeks Chinese brewer to buy its unprofitable business, analysts say
Lion Nathan is looking at alternative remedies for its ailing Chinese operation.Chief executive officer Gordon Cairns revealed this week that he was considering proposals for an "expansion" of the company's A$282m China division.But sources close to the Sydney-based company have translated Cairn's confident announcement: rather than a positive step to boost its role in China, Lion Nathan is looking for local Chinese brewers to bail out its unprofitable division.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard's FY fiscal-2015 - Preview
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research