AUSTRALIA: Lion Nathan scoops Melbourne Cup sponsorship in $30m deal
In the latest twist in Australia's increasingly intense beer war Foster's has been replaced as the sponsor of the country's leading horse race, the Melbourne Cup, by arch-rivals Lion Nathan. Lion Nathan unveiled details yesterday of a five-year deal worth A$30 million that will see Australia's richest horse race renamed from the Foster's Melbourne Cup to the 'Tooheys New' Melbourne Cup.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- No Home Comfort for TWE as Bids Collapse
- Bacardi Seeks Own History at Bombay Sapphire Home
- Treasury Wine Estates: Here I Go Again On My Own
- NPD: The Craft Cocktail Revolution
- Private-equity bids "over" - TWE head
- Carlsberg suspends production at Russian brewery
- Anheuser-Busch InBev appoints new AmBev CEO
- Suntory Holdings to split beer, spirits division
- Treasury Wine Estates pulls plug on takeover talks
- Quintessential Brands changes MD at Essential unit