AUS: Lion Nathan quits industry body - report
The Australian brewer Lion Nathan has pulled out of the industry body the Australian Associated Brewers, it was reported today.
The Australian Financial Review said the brewer had left the lobby group, which campaigns on the industry's behalf on issues such as excise, taxation and advertising, because it was becoming frustrated with rival Foster's expansion into wine.
Foster's recently acquired Southcorp to become Australia's largest wine company.
The Financial Review quoted AAB executive director Sam Hudson saying Lion Nathan was having difficulty with the future direction of the AAB given Foster's increasing focus on wine and spirits in its multi-beverages strategy.
After some less than successful diversification in recent years, Lion Nathan is focusing its attentions back on beer and winning the approval of analysts in the process. The company looks set to gain ...
Integrating spirits, wine and beer has proved problematic for major drinks groups over the years but expansionary moves by the two major Australian brewers, Foster's Group and Lion Nathan, suggest tha...
Lion Nathan has returned to court in its long-running battle with takeover target Coopers Brewery....
Lion Nathan has appointed a new non-executive director....
Coopers Brewery is fighting the takeover attempt from fellow Australian brewer Lion Nathan....
Lion Nathan today announced that it intends to make an off-market offer for Coopers Brewery Ltd (Coopers). The offer of A$260 per share in cash values Coopers at A$352m....
Lion Nathan has received further assurances that it is not about to be taken over....
Lion Nathan has played down speculation that it may be the subject of a takeover....
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- Comment - Will We Understand the Language of Rum?
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- just The Preview - Pernod Ricard's Q3 & YTD
- Pernod Ricard unveils Havana Club ad campaign
- Global Tequila market hits new highs in 2014
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Remy Cointreau US head to step down
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets