AUS: Lion Nathan, Kirin Holdings deal approved
The FIRB has "no objection" to Kirin buying up all shares in Lion Nathan that it does not already own, Lion Nathan said today (19 June).
Japan-based Kirin, already a stakeholder in Lion Nathan and which is looking to expand across Southeast Asia and Oceania, said in April that it had agreed to pay A$11.50 per share for the 54% of outstanding shares in Lion Nathan, representing a total price of A$3.3bn (US$2.36bn).
Both brewers hope to have the deal completed by October this year.
Destocking and economic turmoil aside, 2009 must surely be the year when Japan's latent drinks giants seized their chance to make themselves heard on the international scene....
Kirin Holdings is making its presence felt at San Miguel Brewery, as the Philippines-based brewer announces expansion plans....
The road has come to an end for Lion Nathan, which has officially been swallowed by Japan's Kirin Holdings....
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Today, it's the Top Ten Most Read Comment Pieces of 2009....
What 2009 lacked in explosive headlines in the brewing category, it more than made up for in tactical manoeuvres for the future. Olly Wehring considers a year that was always going to struggle, in eve...
Japan's Asahi Breweries plans to build a JPY400bn (US$4.5 bn) war chest for overseas acquisitions by using loans and revenue....
San Miguel Brewery, part-owned by Japan's Kirin Holdings, is to expand outside of its native Philippines by acquiring San Miguel Brewing International for US$300m....
Lion Nathan, taken over by Japan's Kirin Holdings in October, has extended its agreement with Diageo to distribute and market Captain Morgan Rum in New Zealand....
- Are we about to see a no-alcohol Heineken?
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- A-B InBev's Global Presence - just The Facts
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- A-B InBev in China - just the Facts
- Diageo readies "not quite as sincere" Scotch
- Craft more about stories than M&A for Diageo
- The Glenlivet leapfrogs Glenfiddich
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- “New normal” sees Pernod target premium in China
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Vodka Market 2015-2019