AUSTRALIA: Lion Nathan extends Banksia bid
Lion Nathan has extended its takeover bid for Banksia Wines Ltd to December 17 and has said it is now entitled to 50.9% of Banksia. Having won acceptance from key stakeholders, Lion Nathan is offering A$1.12 cash for each Banksia share. However, UK drinks giant will be the biggest hurdle to Lion acquiring 100% of the company. Allied Domecq, which acquired a 14.9% share of Banksia, said last week that it does not intend selling the stake because it wants to protect its distribution deal with Banksia.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Guinness Nigeria sees YTD sales, profits tumble
- Bacardi recruits ex-News International exec
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends