Australia: Lion Nathan extends Banksia bid
Lion Nathan has extended its takeover bid for Banksia Wines to December 31st according to a report by Dow Jones. Lion Nathan, which has 74.47% control of Banksia was due to close its A$1.12cash a share offer today. However, UK drinks giant Allied Domecq, which acquired a 14.9% share of Banksia will be the biggest hurdle to Lion acquiring 100% of the company.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Analysis - SABMiller's Australian issues continue
- PepsiCo to consider more re-franchising - CEO
- Focus - SABMiller's Q1 Performance by Region
- Brazil could have been worse - Coca-Cola Co CEO
- Analysis - Coca-Cola fails confidence test
- Diageo's Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned
- Sales, profits fall at Moet Hennessy in H1
- Alcohol retailer group appoints new chairman
- Champagne Nicolas Feuillatte appoints new CEO
- Beam Suntory's Laphroaig Select