AUSTRALIA: Lion Nathan earnings on target but China still in red
Lion Nathan, the Australasian-based brewer, said today that its earnings so far this year were broadly in line with expectations and ahead of last year. However, chief executive Gordon Cairns also said that the company was in talks with six companies in an effort to drag its operations in China into profit. "Earnings are broadly in line with plan and up on a year ago," Cairns said at the annual general meeting today. He said that although the beer market had declined 1.3% in New Zealand this was an improvement on the decline in previous years, while the company's share of the New Zealand and Australian markets was "in good shape".
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research