AUSTRALIA: Lion Nathan earnings on target but China still in red
Lion Nathan, the Australasian-based brewer, said today that its earnings so far this year were broadly in line with expectations and ahead of last year. However, chief executive Gordon Cairns also said that the company was in talks with six companies in an effort to drag its operations in China into profit. "Earnings are broadly in line with plan and up on a year ago," Cairns said at the annual general meeting today. He said that although the beer market had declined 1.3% in New Zealand this was an improvement on the decline in previous years, while the company's share of the New Zealand and Australian markets was "in good shape".
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Protein interest offers drinks opportunities - NPD
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Rum "yet to maximise" GTR potential - Bacardi
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Keurig Green Mountain in Hot Drinks (World)
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends