NZ: Lion Nathan denies Fosters in Montana deal
New Zealand brewer Lion Nathan has snatched a 20 per cent share in the country's largest wine producer from under the noses of its Australian rival, Fosters.Lion Nathan this week bought a 19.9 per cent share of Montana Wines, in a lightning raid that caught industry analysts by surprise.It had been widely reported that the Australian giant was interested in buying a stake of the successful wine company, although rumours of a takeover were denied by both sides.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- A tobacco analogy soft drinks will want to embrace
- PepsiCo to consider more re-franchising - CEO
- Cleaning China's seedier side brings Remy balance
- Pernod's Portman Group penalty - a coincidence?
- just The Preview - SABMiller's Q1
- Diageo's Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned
- Diageo faces public consultation over W&M sale
- William Grant silent on Drambuie bid talk
- Bacardi to fight US football team legal action
- Alcohol retailer group appoints new chairman