AUS/NZ: Lion Nathan considers brewery sale
Lion Nathan is mulling the possible sale of one of its breweries in New Zealand.
The trans-Tasman brewer and wine group said today (5 March) that it has received "several expressions of interest" in relation to the sale of its brewery in Newmarket in Auckland.
"The company is entering into further discussions with a small number of parties with a view to fully understanding the opportunities offered by these expressions of interest," the company said.
Lion noted that it is considering the current site's value as well as the cost of any new site and construction expenses should it relocate.
A decision will not be made until May, Lion said, when the company will have concluded the latest phase of its strategic review.
Earlier this year, Lion confirmed its full-year profit guidance after what it described as a solid first quarter. For the three months to 31 December, sales volumes in Australia were up by 3.3% year-on-year, while Q1 performance in New Zealand was described as mixed.
Lion Nathan and Coca-Cola Amatil appear to be the front runners should Australian brewer J Boag & Son go up for sale, according to local reports....
Kirin Holdings, the umbrella company to Kirin Brewery, has posted a slide in net profit for the first half of 2007....
Lion Nathan today reconfirmed its full year guidance for net profit on the back of a small increase in beer sale volumes for the first nine months....
The CEO of niche Australian brewer Little World Beverages has resigned from the business....
Bibendum has added two new single-estate English wines that use the company's north London home as a namesake....
Kirin Brewery Co. aims to keep its 46.1% stake in the Australian brewer Lion Nathan, according to The Australian Financial Review....
Kirin Holdings, the umbrella company to Kirin brewery, has upgraded its forecasts for the first half of this year....
Bibendum has appointed an addition to its board of directors....
- Industry is following the pack to patriotic party
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Diageo unveils first European Johnnie Walker House
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Wm Grant redesigns Glenfiddich 21yo Gran Reserva
- Diageo's Smirnoff Red, White & Berry - NPD
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China