AUSTRALIA: Lion Nathan CEO decision soon - report
Lion Nathan is moving closer to appointing a new chief executive, according to press reports. Current leader Gordon Cairns is set to stand down later this year.
Local beer business boss Andrew Reeves and director Robert Murray are the front runners to replace Cairns, according to Australian Financial Review. A final decision is expected in June, although Cairns will probably stay on until September to smooth the transition.
Reeves is considered the favourite, according to AFR, with 18 months experience as managing director of Lion Nathan Australia, which generates almost 85% of the beer and wine producer's profits. He was previously managing director of Coca Cola Amatil's Australian business for five years.
But Murray, who became a director of Lion Nathan in September 2002 and is managing director of Nestle Oceania, is said to be an impressive contributor in the boardroom as a member of Lion Nathan's strategy committee.
Another contender, according to the paper, is Peter Cowan who has been managing director of Lion Nathan's wines and spirits division for the last 18 months. The poor performance of the wine business within the company may count against him, however.
Coca-Cola announced last week that it was taking over full control of its US water joint venture, CCDA Waters, buying out its partner, Danone. However, speculation over the poor performance of the CCD...
Lion Nathan has posted a leap in profits for the first half of this year....
Nestle Waters has bought a majority stake in a new joint venture in Algeria....
The investment bank Credit Suisse First Boston has raised its rating on shares in Coca-Cola Amatil to "Outperform" from "Neutral"....
Shares in the Australian based soft drink company Coca-Cola Amatil fell 11% during trading today, although they recovered a little towards the end of trading, as the company announced a disappointing ...
Nestle Waters Spain has inaugurated a new water plant in Herrera del Duque near Badajoz, western Spain, a company spokesman has confirmed to just-drinks....
Nestle Waters has finally reached an agreement with the CGT trade union over restructuring plans for its Perrier bottling plant....
Nestle Waters is to launch a range of sugar free water drinks under its Vittel water brand in time for summer....
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future