AUSTRALIA: Lion Nathan and Foster's in talks about sharing facilities
Australasian brewing rivals, Lion Nathan and Foster's, have been in preliminary negotiations regarding sharing brewing facilities in Western Australia, according to a report in the Australian Financial Review. The report suggests that Foster's approached its rival about sharing production facilities in response to the rising costs of transporting beer from Melbourne to Western Australia as its sales there have increased. Its Matilda Bay plant in Western Australia is running at full capacity while Lion Nathan's Swan Brewery in the region is reportedly running at just 50% capacity.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Molson Coors names UK & Ireland managing director
- Pernod Ricard targets at-home drinking