AUSTRALIA: Lion Nathan and Foster's in talks about sharing facilities
Australasian brewing rivals, Lion Nathan and Foster's, have been in preliminary negotiations regarding sharing brewing facilities in Western Australia, according to a report in the Australian Financial Review. The report suggests that Foster's approached its rival about sharing production facilities in response to the rising costs of transporting beer from Melbourne to Western Australia as its sales there have increased. Its Matilda Bay plant in Western Australia is running at full capacity while Lion Nathan's Swan Brewery in the region is reportedly running at just 50% capacity.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages