AUSTRALIA: Lion Nathan and Foster's in talks about sharing facilities
Australasian brewing rivals, Lion Nathan and Foster's, have been in preliminary negotiations regarding sharing brewing facilities in Western Australia, according to a report in the Australian Financial Review. The report suggests that Foster's approached its rival about sharing production facilities in response to the rising costs of transporting beer from Melbourne to Western Australia as its sales there have increased. Its Matilda Bay plant in Western Australia is running at full capacity while Lion Nathan's Swan Brewery in the region is reportedly running at just 50% capacity.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- Guinness: A Great Day for St James's Gate
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Wines of the Beautiful South Ups its Game
- Patron Spirits' Patron Citrónge Lime
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l
- Heineken rejects SABMiller purchase proposal
- Bacardi-Martini appoints Southern Europe chief
- William Grant gives Sailor Jerry pack revamp