AUSTRALIA: Lion Nathan and Foster's in talks about sharing facilities
Australasian brewing rivals, Lion Nathan and Foster's, have been in preliminary negotiations regarding sharing brewing facilities in Western Australia, according to a report in the Australian Financial Review. The report suggests that Foster's approached its rival about sharing production facilities in response to the rising costs of transporting beer from Melbourne to Western Australia as its sales there have increased. Its Matilda Bay plant in Western Australia is running at full capacity while Lion Nathan's Swan Brewery in the region is reportedly running at just 50% capacity.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Are we about to see a no-alcohol Heineken?
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- A-B InBev's Global Presence - just The Facts
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- A-B InBev in China - just the Facts
- Diageo readies "not quite as sincere" Scotch
- Craft more about stories than M&A for Diageo
- The Glenlivet leapfrogs Glenfiddich
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- “New normal” sees Pernod target premium in China
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Vodka Market 2015-2019