NEW ZEALAND: Lion Nathan acquires Wither Hills
Wither Hills expects to increase its output of quality wines following its takeover by Lion Nathan, with output expected to rise to 80,000 cases this year. Around 70% of the production will be Sauvignon Blanc, with Chardonnay and Pinot Noir making up the rest. The chief winemaker, Brent Marris, will continue to run the business.
Wither Hills has 150 hectares currently under vine and a further 150 hectares available for planting. Lion Nathan said the winery is a good fit with its premium Australian wine brands and fills a gap in its portfolio because it did not have a premium New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc.
Companies: Lion Nathan
After some less than successful diversification in recent years, Lion Nathan is focusing its attentions back on beer and winning the approval of analysts in the process. The company looks set to gain ...
Integrating spirits, wine and beer has proved problematic for major drinks groups over the years but expansionary moves by the two major Australian brewers, Foster's Group and Lion Nathan, suggest tha...
Lion Nathan has appointed a new non-executive director....
Coopers Brewery is fighting the takeover attempt from fellow Australian brewer Lion Nathan....
Lion Nathan today announced that it intends to make an off-market offer for Coopers Brewery Ltd (Coopers). The offer of A$260 per share in cash values Coopers at A$352m....
Lion Nathan has received further assurances that it is not about to be taken over....
Lion Nathan has played down speculation that it may be the subject of a takeover....
Lion Nathan has said it is on target to reach its full-year net profit after tax forecast for 2005 of between A$230m and A$235m before one-off charges....
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Fruit-flavoured beer? Think of the kids - Comment
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Drinks industry's gender failure - Consumer Trends
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Anheuser-Busch readies US executive switches
- Brexit paperwork offers alcohol smuggling opp's
- Asahi’s Peroni Ambra - NPD
- Irish whiskey hails bid to relax distillery sales
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends