AUS: Lion doubles Little Creatures capacity with US$54.6m site
The Kirin Holdings subsidiary has expanded its Little Creatures brewery
Lion has expanded its Little Creatures craft brewing operations in Australia with the opening of a new AUD60m (US$54.6m) site.
The Australasian group, a subsidiary of Kirin Holdings, cut the ribbon on the new brewery and hospitality venue in Geelong, Victoria, yesterday (9 December). The site, which will brew and distribute Little Creatures' beers, will double the craft brewer's production capacity in Australia, Lion said.
“We’ll be able to produce beer closest to where our future growth will come from – the eastern states,” said CEO of Lion, Stuart Irvine. “Beer is always best consumed fresh, and this allows us to provide fresher product to the eastern market.”
The brewery has a number of environmentally-friendly features, such as waste heat collection and a carbon dioxide recycling system, the company said. It is expected to produce around 1.25m cartons of beer in its first year.
The 500-capacity hospitality venue, part of the development, will serve the full range of Little Creatures beers and “shareable” food, the group added.
Lion fully acquired Little World Beverages, owner of Little Creatures, last year, having previously had a 36% stake in the brewer.
San Miguel Brewery is expected to receive regulatory approval this week to sell a bond that will net the company up to PHP20bn (US$448.6m)....
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- A Keeper of the Quaich writes - Editor's Viewpoint
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Constellation sells Canadian wine unit for US$761m
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Pernod Ricard cheers US move to ease Cuban limits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends