NZ: Lion aims to revive beer sales with MASH
Trans-Tasman brewer and wine group Lion Nathan yesterday (20 March) launched a range of beers into the New Zealand market in an attempt to attract 20-something drinkers.
Branded as MASH, the range is aimed at those who have turned away from traditional beer brands and to fill a hole in Lion Nathan's offering in New Zealand.
Last month, the company said its beer volumes in New Zealand had dipped 0.7% during the three months to 31 December due to "intense price discounting" and falling on-trade sales.
MASH is a departure from traditional brands and includes three varieties - MASH Golden Lager for easier drinking, MASH Citrus Lager with the addition of lime and MASH Energy Lager, which contains guarana.
"MASH will not only deliver value to our shareholders but also to our consumers as we begin to focus more explicitly on catering to their needs," says Lion Nathan New Zealand MD Peter Kean.
Kean sees the launch of MASH is part of a "significant investment by Lion Nathan to ensure sustainable long-term growth".
Lion Nathan and Coca-Cola Amatil appear to be the front runners should Australian brewer J Boag & Son go up for sale, according to local reports....
Kirin Holdings, the umbrella company to Kirin Brewery, has posted a slide in net profit for the first half of 2007....
Lion Nathan today reconfirmed its full year guidance for net profit on the back of a small increase in beer sale volumes for the first nine months....
The CEO of niche Australian brewer Little World Beverages has resigned from the business....
Bibendum has added two new single-estate English wines that use the company's north London home as a namesake....
Kirin Brewery Co. aims to keep its 46.1% stake in the Australian brewer Lion Nathan, according to The Australian Financial Review....
Kirin Holdings, the umbrella company to Kirin brewery, has upgraded its forecasts for the first half of this year....
Bibendum has appointed an addition to its board of directors....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts