AUS/NZ: Lion agrees to buy craft brewer Emerson's
Lion is set to acquire craft brewer Emerson's
Lion has agreed a deal to take full ownership of New Zealand craft brewer Emerson's.
The Australasian group, owned by Kirin Holdings, will acquire 100% of the shares in the Dunedin-based business at the end of this month, the companies said in a joint statement today (6 November). Financial details of the deal were not disclosed.
Emerson’s will remain as a standalone business unit within Lion, while retaining its own brewery, the statement said.
“It is business as usual for Emerson’s - the taste, integrity to style, quality and consistency of our beers will remain the same,” said the brewery's founder Richard Emerson. All roles within Emerson's will remain unchanged, the company said.
Rory Glass, Lion NZ MD, said: “It (Emerson’s) complements Lion’s existing beer portfolio well and allows us to offer our customers an enhanced proposition with a leading portfolio of brands across the speciality, boutique and popular craft market.”
Lion has been on the acquisition trail already this year, having lined-up the buy-out of Fremantle-based Little World Beverages. The company received Federal Court approval for the deal in September.
- Are we about to see a no-alcohol Heineken?
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- A-B InBev's Global Presence - just The Facts
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- Craft more about stories than M&A for Diageo
- Diageo readies "not quite as sincere" Scotch
- The Glenlivet leapfrogs Glenfiddich
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- “New normal” sees Pernod target premium in China
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Brown-Forman Corporation (BFB) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review