AUS/NZ: Lion agrees to buy craft brewer Emerson's
Lion is set to acquire craft brewer Emerson's
Lion has agreed a deal to take full ownership of New Zealand craft brewer Emerson's.
The Australasian group, owned by Kirin Holdings, will acquire 100% of the shares in the Dunedin-based business at the end of this month, the companies said in a joint statement today (6 November). Financial details of the deal were not disclosed.
Emerson’s will remain as a standalone business unit within Lion, while retaining its own brewery, the statement said.
“It is business as usual for Emerson’s - the taste, integrity to style, quality and consistency of our beers will remain the same,” said the brewery's founder Richard Emerson. All roles within Emerson's will remain unchanged, the company said.
Rory Glass, Lion NZ MD, said: “It (Emerson’s) complements Lion’s existing beer portfolio well and allows us to offer our customers an enhanced proposition with a leading portfolio of brands across the speciality, boutique and popular craft market.”
Lion has been on the acquisition trail already this year, having lined-up the buy-out of Fremantle-based Little World Beverages. The company received Federal Court approval for the deal in September.
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Diageo's FY performance by region - Focus
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- The future for drinks industry's waste products
- Diageo sets sights on alcohol-alternative trends
- SABMiller puts brakes on A-B InBev integration
- "We tried to make Bushmills hot" - Diageo CEO
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- Brexit "not a big deal" for Scotch - Diageo CEO
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends