AUS/NZ: Lion agrees to buy craft brewer Emerson's
Lion is set to acquire craft brewer Emerson's
Lion has agreed a deal to take full ownership of New Zealand craft brewer Emerson's.
The Australasian group, owned by Kirin Holdings, will acquire 100% of the shares in the Dunedin-based business at the end of this month, the companies said in a joint statement today (6 November). Financial details of the deal were not disclosed.
Emerson’s will remain as a standalone business unit within Lion, while retaining its own brewery, the statement said.
“It is business as usual for Emerson’s - the taste, integrity to style, quality and consistency of our beers will remain the same,” said the brewery's founder Richard Emerson. All roles within Emerson's will remain unchanged, the company said.
Rory Glass, Lion NZ MD, said: “It (Emerson’s) complements Lion’s existing beer portfolio well and allows us to offer our customers an enhanced proposition with a leading portfolio of brands across the speciality, boutique and popular craft market.”
Lion has been on the acquisition trail already this year, having lined-up the buy-out of Fremantle-based Little World Beverages. The company received Federal Court approval for the deal in September.
Datamonitor's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organ...
Alcoholic Drinks in Australia industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2007-11, and forecast to 2016)....
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Comment - Diageo Making the Best of a Bad Job?
- Comment - IPO Launch a Tonic for Fever-Tree
- How Modern Marketing Compounds My Twitter Shame
- NPD - Moët Hennessy’s Glenmorangie Dornoch
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Pernod blames rule changes for Plymouth GI drop
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research