CHILE: LFE acquires new vineyards
Viňa Luis Felipe Edwards (LFE) has purchased 162 hectares of land in the Leyda Valley sub zone of the San Antonio Valley.
LFE's new vineyards, located 10 kilometres from the Pacific, will be planted predominantly with Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay and Pinot Noir, with smaller plots of Gewurztraminer, Viognier and Riesling. Planting of the first 60 hectares will commence next year, with the first harvest anticipated in 2009.
"Being a family owned and managed concern, LFE are able to make investments based on a long term development strategy," said Lewis Jones, marketing director for LFE's UK agent D&D Wines International. "This acquisition in the premium Leyda region will balance LFE's product portfolio while reinforcing the company's dedication to quality."
The new acquisition complements LFE's existing estates in the Colchagua Valley where significant investment has also been underway. This year, LFE has invested in planting new vineyard sites on the valley terraces and hilltops.
"We are delighted to have secured this site in such an exciting new area for quality wine production," added Luis Felipe Edwards Jnr., managing director. "However, this is just the start of a very long journey - it takes time to build real quality."
LFE currently has 424 hectares of vineyards planted across two estates in the Colchagua Valley: Fundo San José de Puquillay in Nancagua (312 hectares) and Fundo Santa Bernadita de Pupilla in Palmilla (112 hectares).
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Will Coca-Cola Co’s Dunkin’ Donuts move pay off?
- Heineken's Q3 2016 results - Preview
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Analysts upbeat on Pernod Ricard's US success
- Diageo weathers Thailand alcohol ban
- SWA's David Frost to leave for foreign office role
- Stock Spirits appointments provoke investor unrest
- Seedlip eyes global growth with export deal
- Altria raises Anheuser-Busch InBev holding
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends