FRANCE: Les Grands Chais de France acquires Racke winery/brands
French wine producer and trader Les Grands Chais de France (GCF) has acquired German counterpart Racke's winery at Mainz-Hechtsheim, as well as its Amselkeller, Viala, Bongeronde and Rosière brands for an undisclosed sum.
Speaking to just-drinks today (January 28), a spokesperson for GCF confirmed the acquisition but declined to provide further information, adding that it was too early to comment on its strategy for the winery and the popular priced brands.
Last week, Racke took over the control of its Eggers & Franke wine distribution joint venture in Germany by acquiring KWV's stake. The purchase, for an undisclosed sum, is part of a strategy to refocus the group on more upmarket segments.
The latest available figures from GCF show that it posted a 2006 turnover of EUR613m (US$906.5m), 70% which was made up of exports. The group consists of 12 companies employing more than 1,200 staff.
Distell Group has confirmed the appointment of two new directors and the resignation of one other....
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Key trends for beer in 2016 - Focus
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- The global beer category - The facts
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- SABMiller's Europe chief to join Britvic board
- Asahi Group to buy Grolsch, Peroni from SABMiller
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research