FRANCE: Les Grands Chais de France acquires Racke winery/brands
French wine producer and trader Les Grands Chais de France (GCF) has acquired German counterpart Racke's winery at Mainz-Hechtsheim, as well as its Amselkeller, Viala, Bongeronde and Rosière brands for an undisclosed sum.
Speaking to just-drinks today (January 28), a spokesperson for GCF confirmed the acquisition but declined to provide further information, adding that it was too early to comment on its strategy for the winery and the popular priced brands.
Last week, Racke took over the control of its Eggers & Franke wine distribution joint venture in Germany by acquiring KWV's stake. The purchase, for an undisclosed sum, is part of a strategy to refocus the group on more upmarket segments.
The latest available figures from GCF show that it posted a 2006 turnover of EUR613m (US$906.5m), 70% which was made up of exports. The group consists of 12 companies employing more than 1,200 staff.
Distell Group has confirmed the appointment of two new directors and the resignation of one other....
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- A snapshot of the UK spirits market - Focus
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Diageo starts formal talks over UK pension cuts
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends