Les Domaines Paul Mas extends Languedoc vineyards
Les Domaines Paul Mas has added a further 16 hectares of vineyards to its portfolio, through the extension of the production area at its Château Crès Ricards in Languedoc to 42 hectares.
The additional hectares will produce PGI Pays d’Oc white wines marketed under the Esprit de Crès Ricards name. The company has not disclosed from whom it has acquired the vineyards, nor the value of the transaction.
The estate is situated at the heart of the newly-certified AOC Terrasses du Larzac terroir.
Paul Mas now owns a total of 440 hectares of vineyards on eight estates spread over Languedoc crus, such as Pézenas, Grés de Montpellier, Terrasses du Larzac and Domaine de la Ferrandière, which it acquired 12 months ago.
Last year, the company posted a turnover of EUR40m (US$49.9m) with volume sales of 18m bottles, 97% of which were accounted for by exports.
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Diageo unveils Blender's Batch in the US
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts