FRANCE: Lejay-Lagoute bids to "shake up" cassis
French liqueurs company Lejay-Lagoute has launched a new crème de cassis in a bid to shake up the category.
The company claimed the launch of boldly-packaged Tutti Cassis was the first major development in the sector for more than 160 years.
Unusually, Tutti is made using cane sugar and has just 90g per litre of sugar, compared with more regular levels of 450g/l.
International sales director Franck Autard said Tutti was aimed at younger consumers, drinking RTDs, cocktails and long drinks, as well as kir. "We wanted to shake up a little bit this category because nothing has been done for years," he said.
Selling at EUR7 (US$8.53) per bottle in France, the product will also target the UK, Belgium, Netherlands and Scandinavia, plus Canada and the US.
In this month's Just the Answer interview, Jose Ramon Ortiz Monasterio, managing director and chairman of Eurocermex, the Grupo Modelo subsidiary which acts as exclusive distributor for Corona Extra i...
New Zealand beer maker DB Breweries has today (27 March) expanded beyond beer with the launch of its first RTD....
Krones has won the tender to supply bottling equipment to Ochakovo....
Starbucks Coffee Company has launched a ready-to-drink (RTD) coffee beverage in Japan and Taiwan, the first time it has marketed an RTD outside North America....
Diageo Great Britain is launching a new RTD, into the on-trade this autumn....
The level of RTD (ready-to-drink) consumption in Germany has almost halved since the introduction of a special tax on the beverages....
Diageo said today that its volume growth and mix improvement had slowed in the second half of the year as a result of tougher trading in Europe and a slow down in the ready to drink segment in the US....
A three-year, ZAR150m (US$22m) expansion and refurbishment project has culminated in Durban-based NCP Alcohols becoming the biggest distillery in Africa....
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Bacardi, Pernod Ricard welcome US-Cuba deal
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future