AUSTRALIA: Lehmann will fight any foriegn takeover
The news yesterday that UK drinks giant Allied Domecq has raised its stake in Peter Lehmann Wines to 5.4%, has prompted speculation that the owner of Beefeater and Kahlua is mounting a takeover of the winemaker. However in the Australian press today the Lehman family said it and the company's shareholders will resist any takeover bid by a foreign company.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- The European beer market - Focus
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Corporate Relations Director to leave Diageo
- Bacardi names new global communications head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Pernod Ricard pairs Usain Bolt with Mumm Champagne