UK: Lehman initiates C&C Group share rating
Lehman Brothers has initiated coverage of C&C Group.
The broker said today (23 August) that it has giventhe Irish company an 'underweight' recommendation and EUR5.10 (US$6.90) price target, a 9% downside potential, on valuation grounds.
Lehman Brothers said that, despite the 50% correction in C&C Group's share price over the past two months, it considers the market too optimistic on cider momentum in the UK.
The price target reflects its view that UK cider could continue to increase market share against other alcoholic drinks categories, said the broker.
Earlier this month, C&C, which owns the Magners cider brand, issued a second profit warning for this year. The company blamed the poor weather conditions and increased competition in the UK for a deterioration in cider sales volumes in the country during the second half of July. Manufacturing and marketing costs were also highlighted as being "substantially higher".
SABMiller has reported that sales for the its 12 months to the end of March have been at the top end of its expectations....
LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton, the world's leading luxury group, said today (16 April) that it had achieved revenues of EUR4 billion (US$6.37bn) in the first quarter of 2008, up 5% on the same peri...
Asia Pacific Breweries Aurangabad Limited (APBAL) a subsidiary of Asia Pacific Breweries (APB), has unveiled the launch of its locally-brewed Tiger beer in Mumbai....
Moscow police are looking for the murderers of the Russian Juice Producers Union's president, who was beaten to death by masked attackers last weekend, according to local reports....
Bruichladdich, the Islay-based whisky distiller, has reported a 58% increase in profit before tax, for its full year, up to GBP831,000 (US$1.6m). Single malt sales increased 34% against average indust...
The head of India's largest spirits company has played down reports of a rift between the country and the Scotch whisky industry....
This year's World Whiskies Conference kicked off today (15 April) with the double header of Diageo CEO and SWA chairman Paul Walsh and Vijay Mallya, chairman of India's UB Group. As was expected it wa...
United Spirits is contemplating a move into the energy drink sector in an effort to boost vodka sales, according to reports....
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research