US: Lehman gives "negative" outlook on beer
The outlook for the US beer industry remains "negative", according to analyst Lehman Brothers, after the publication of ACNielsen data for the four weeks to 9 September.
The data showed that total volumes in the US beer industry were down 4.7% with domestic beer volumes down 6.2%.
Lehman said that SABMiller had "under-performed" in terms of domestic beer sales volumes and the price/mix ratio of its portfolio.
The bank said, however, that Heineken had "outperformed again" in the buoyant import segment with the Dutch brewer's sales in the US being driven by the performance of Heineken Premium Light.
Industry beer sales over the last three months have dipped 2.2% on the corresponding period last year, although in the 12 months to 9 September, beer sales volumes in the US have inched up 0.6%, according to the ACNielsen data.
Miller Brewing has launched a fresh US television campaign that promotes flagship brand Miller Lite as "better beer"....
Heineken has admitted it needs to get a brewery up and running as soon as possible in South Africa after winning back the local rights to beer brand Amstel. The Dutch brewing giant told just-drinks to...
SABMiller's subsidiary in Panama has offloaded its PepsiCo bottling business in Costa Rica to local brewer Cerveceria Costa Rica (CCR)....
Heineken has won back the rights to beer brand Amstel in South Africa from brewing rival SABMiller. The Dutch brewing giant regained control of the brand after an arbitration panel ruled that SABMille...
Four employees at a Heineken brewery in Croatia have been questioned by police over a suspected toxic leak that may have left a local man in a coma....
Heineken International has lined up a fresh advertising campaign linked to its UEFA Champions League partnership....
The sale of one of Carlsberg's two breweries in Italy signals a stronger focus on the premium end of the market, according to the head of the Danish brewer's business in Western Europe. Speaking to ju...
SABMiller is looking at the possibility of building a brewery in southern Sudan, just-drinks understands....
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- SABMiller, Meantime Brewing say goodbye to 'craft'
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report