US: Legacy Estate seeks court OK for sale - report
Californian wine producer Legacy Estate Group is reportedly seeking bankruptcy court approval to sell its assets for US$90m.
Legacy Estate and owner Connaught Capital Partners each filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection last November. Legacy had defaulted on loans associated with its acquisition of the Arrowood and Byron wineries from Constellation Brands last year.
Investment vehicle FAB Acquisition Co. is acting as the lead bidder for the unnamed assets that Legacy wants to sell, Dow Jones said yesterday (19 July)
Judge Alan Jaroslovsky of the US Bankruptcy Court in Santa Rosa, California, has scheduled a hearing for tomorrow to consider approval of the auction procedures, the news service added.
Norwegian wine and spirits group Arcus is mulling a takeover bid for Sweden's V&S Group, just-drinks can reveal....
Constellation Brands' Hardy Wine Company is expecting the poor Australian weather to reduce output this year by around 20%....
Constellation Brands has lowered its full-year earnings per share forecast on the back of revenue and margin pressures in the UK....
The US beer distribution joint venture between Grupo Modelo and Constellation Brands is to include the St. Pauli Girl and Tsingtao beer brands in its portfolio....
New Zealand wine producer Giesen Wines has invested NZ$3.5m (US$2.4m) on expanding its Blenheim winery and setting up a bottling plant in Christchurch....
Vincor Canada has secured a sponsorship deal with the country's Olympic and Paralympic Winter games in 2010....
The Swedish government has confirmed that it is planning to sell off V&S Group, the owner of Absolut vodka. The centre-right government, which came to power in September, officially announced today (1...
The chairman of Rémy Cointreau has insisted the French Champagne and spirits group is "not a takeover target"....
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Sustainability: What Craft Teaches Multi-Nationals
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Ethiopia competition to remain "intense" - Diageo
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Heineken to cut jobs in global shake-up
- Bacardi bags a Bourbon with Angel's Envy buy
- Bacardi Brown-Forman here to stay
- Carlsberg takes on Stella Artois in new campaign
- Anheuser-Busch InBev lines up new chairman
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Heineken N.V. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly